Quick Reads – here’s what to read in June
11. June 2018
Supporting the personal development of employees is a win-win situation for all involved. As learners expand their knowledge and skills, the company benefits from the additional expertise of its workforce. Therefore, this issue of Quick Reads is all about strengthening independent staff training.
Learn how e-learning providers and companies manage to lead and optimise self-learning processes.
- Published by: Modern Workplace Learning Magazine
- Time to read: Approx. 4 minutes
- Giving individuals the opportunity to take their professional self-development into their own hands has many advantages for both sides. The own professional goals are thus harmonised with those of the company, which motivates the employees and strengthens their satisfaction with the employer. Editor Jane Heart explains how companies can support and optimise self-managed learning processes. For example, they should help with the planning, implementation and documentation of continuing education and support learners in finding resources, tools and services that suit them and their goals.
- Published by: eLearning Industry
- Time to read: Approx. 3 minutes
- In his article, e-learning expert Steve Penfold gives trainers advice on how to strengthen their pupils learning success lastingly and change behaviour and habits on a long-term basis. To this end, he uses the principles of learning psychology and addresses, for example, the importance of active engagement, deliberate linking of learning contents or the use of storytelling.