Quick Reads – here’s what to read in January
3. January 2018
Welcome back for 2018! We wish you a happy New Year, a year full of new opportunities and goals. For a bit of inspiration, we start our Quick Reads in January with the reviews of two top speakers in the e-learning industry.
- Published by: MASIE Learning Talks on vimeo.com
- Time to listen: approx. 14 minutes
- Elliott Masie, e-learning pioneer, shares his impressions from his MASIE Learning event, held in October in Orlando, USA. Central for him is the fact that learners are changing. Modern learners are more connected than ever, they’re interested in trying new things and prefer watching to reading. L&D professionals must react by redesigning the learning environment to satisfy demands. Masie also discusses his experience interviewing Michelle Obama on stage.
- Published by: modernworkplacelearning.com
- Time to read: approx. 15 minutes
- In her latest newsletter Jane Hart, workplace learning expert, shares her 30 favourite articles and contributions from across the industry. Like Masie, her focus is on the learners. Interesting L&D approaches mentioned are to treat their people like a sports team, concentrating on individuals and their needs and removing the barriers to learning.