Quick Reads - here's what to read in February
21. February 2018
This month we bring you a mix of articles that have piqued our interest in the IMC office. Find out how many people sleep through meetings, how long training takes to develop and more below.
- Published by Matt Donovan on www.trainingindustry.com
- Time to read: 4 minutes
- “Competency mapping” has been getting a lot of airtime recently, and for good reason. This article examines how to bring together HR & L&D teams to ensure the best result for learners. The key elements and best practices included here are essential reading for setting up your competency framework.
- Published by Renee Robson on www.engagelearnbuild.com
- Time to read: 3 minutes
- This quick review of Colin D Ellis’ new book, ‘The Project Rots from the Head’, is a must read for all project managers and sponsors. Take a look for some information on the importance of solid leadership.
- Published by Robyn Defelice on www.td.org
- Time to read: 10 minutes
- An update to previous posts from 2003, 2009 and 2017 in which research helps project planners to manage time and resources, especially when it comes to estimating this for clients. The results show that we’ve become quicker at developing training material which makes sense given the technological advances that have taken place in the last 15 years.
- Published by Fundera on www.marketingprofs.com
- Time to read: approx. 2 minutes
- We’re cheating with this one a little as it’s not specific to learning tech, but what the hey, this infographic made us chuckle. We’ve all sat in meetings wondering if we really need to be there. This handy guide will make you think twice next time you go to send that meeting request.