Quick Reads – here’s what to read in April
13. April 2018
"Teamwork makes the dream work" – our April Quick Reads are all about collaboration in L&D. Find out why everyone should pull together in employee training and how mutual exchange in online courses increases the motivation and success of the participants. Modern Workplace Learning is a collaboration between L&D, managers and individuals
- Published by: Modern Workplace Learning Magazine
- Time to read: approx. 5 minutes
- Today's jobs are fast-moving: they constantly require new skills and are often filled with new staff. According to editor Jane Hart, companies must adapt their training concepts to these changed conditions and promote flexible, individual and lasting learning. In her article, she explains why this requires targeted collaboration between learning & development, managers and the individual employees.
- Published by: Elearning! Magazine
- ]Time to read: approx. 3 minutes
- Group online learning is more fun than clicking through the courses alone. But team work has even more advantages: learners are more committed and achieve better results. In this article, Elearning! Magazine refers to the findings of a study by Stanford University examining the influence of group work in advanced training classes. Learn how social features, such as mentorship, assessment systems or group moderation, improve learning outcomes.
- Published by: eLearning Industry
- Time to read: approx. 6 minutes
- Alex King examines how social interactions in online courses can improve the participants learning experiences. A creative teaching design, a captivating narrative and constructive criticism when solving the tasks ensure that the learners actively reflect on their answers and internalise content in the long term.