Quick Reads - here is what to read in September
Jumping in virtual worlds
5. September 2017
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are advancing at an incredible pace. In September, we would like to share two articles taking us into our virtual future
- Published by EdTech Magazine
- Time to read: approx. 8 min
- “It’s actually getting pretty exciting” – this is one of the central statements of this article. Amy Burroughs outlines great improvements for VR technology, including the next evolutions, as for example glasses that can support VR as well as AR. For the author, not the hardware will be the challenge in the future. The main question will be “where the content will come from?”. Here, we´re still at an early stage. Some big newspapers have already jumped into VR storytelling. But we are far away from exhausting all possibilities the hardware gives us.
- Published by Forbes
- Time to read: approx. 5 min
- The article starts with announcing the new Steven Spielberg movie that shows a world where everything has become virtual, including social interactions. For the author, virtual reality will not only revolutionise many aspects of our life in movies. Relating to social interactions, Facebook currently employs over 400 people working on VR solely. The article draws the attention to the data that will be available if we can track every aspect of user experience, which can improve our experiences on the one hand. On the other hand, we will need to consider the big aspect of new legal questions.