Senior Software Engineer Microservices - remote possible
As a Senior Software Engineer Microservices you are responsible for designing and developing imc's platform architecture covering both the software and infrastructure aspects of the platform. The role is expected to work closely with the Tech leadership and product teams to define short and long term improvements to address the growth of our customer experience.
For this position we can imagine working from home regardless of location within Germany.
- Partner with Software Architects, Tech Leaders and Product Managers to analyze and transform business requirements
- Design, develop and deploy backend services for our core platform with a focus on scalability, security, availability and latency requirements
- Building cloud native applications in a distributed microservice-oriented architecture
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Strive for excellence in everything you do: culture, collaboration, process, tools, design, engineering practices, customer experience, performance, security etc.
- Professional experience in agile software development with common languages and frameworks (Java Spring Boot, NodeJS)
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes and/or similar technologies (cloud-native applications)
- Experience implementing and/or operating large scale cloud services, components, distributed systems (such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka, Kinesis or Rabbit/Active/Artemis MQ)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory, Fluency in German would be a big advantage
- Advocate of the DevOps culture with no fear of CI/CD
- Bring a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Great communicator that can easily explain ideas and engage people while translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Empathy and understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Roman Muth. Furthermore, Desirée Stroh from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
Sim loves Indian food and travelled from India to Australia to work at imc as a software developer.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
In this interview, Lia talks about her work as a product manager and what she has in common with orchestra conductors.
Full-Stack Developer Digital Learning Software (f/m/d)ProfessionalsSaarbrückenSoftware Development
Java Backend Developer - LMS MaintenanceProfessionalsSaarbrückenSoftware Development
Senior Software Engineer Microservices - remote possibleProfessionalsDeutschlandweitSoftware Development