Product Owner - Learning Analytics
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague, eager to join our Product Management team and oversee our Learning Analytics product.
As an Area Product Owner, you will drive the development of our Learning Analytics microservice which enables our customers to explore the data coming from the imc Learning Suite (our learning management system) at one glance and to make faster decisions.
By interfacing with the customers, with the design and development, you will determine the direction and shape the way in which our MS Power BI based solution progresses for satisfying our customers’ needs.
- To prepare and to prioritize the product backlog items in close co-operation with the stakeholders.
- Recording, analysis of requirements and incoming requests from stakeholders (e.g. customers, sales, consulting, marketing, etc).
- Technical clarifications and support of our Learning Analytics scrum team.
- Create new concepts, specifications for further development of our Learning Analytics product in cooperation with the design and development.
- Working as ambassador for Learning Analytics, conducting knowledge transfers and in-depth workshops about our product innovations.
- Lead the testing phase of Microsoft Power BI integration with our pilot customers.
- Preparation of Learning Analytics product documentation.
- A completed degree, ideally in media or business informatics, software management, educational technology, or a comparable degree.
- Approx. 3-5 years of experience in a similar position. Experience with learning management systems or analytics is a big plus.
- Strong customer orientation. Satisfied customers and need-based software motivate and make you happy.
- Good knowledge of Agile-Scrum development and corresponding tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment (e.g., media, design, HR, or technology experts).
- High self-motivation, excellent team-player, and very good organizing skills.
- Independent, systematic working approach with high-quality awareness.
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is mandatory, German is a plus.
- Experience in Design Thinking and Lean Start-up Methods are a plus.
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Nicolae Purcar. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
Sim loves Indian food and travelled from India to Australia to work at imc as a software developer.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
In this interview, Lia talks about her work as a product manager and what she has in common with orchestra conductors.