Business Development Manager (NCSA)
At imc we hire great people and believe it is a very exciting time for the digital learning industry. We work in global, but small, self-managing, autonomous teams. We reward our employees for the impact they make, and value the innovative approaches they bring. We are on the look-out for an enthusiastic, energetic, and highly motivated individual who desires a challenging global Business Development role (NCSA) to primarily build business for our products and services across the USA and Canada, who, has a passion for uncovering new business opportunities together with technology, learning and digital software to join our growing global team, based in London.
- Develop strategies to find customers in the NCSA region (USA and Canada primarily) using both direct and indirect channels
- “Hunting” for new business, using your own prospecting techniques to build a steady pipeline of prospective customers
- Find and support reseller partners to represent us
- Arrange meetings, using your relationship building/influencing skills and a "consultative selling approach"
- Identifying priority sectors, businesses within them, and the key influencers/decision makers
- Ability to effectively demonstrate software solutions with energy and passion to convince potential customers of our solutions and key value proposition.
- Prepare proposals, pitches, capability presentations and develop materials to grab attention during the sales phase
- Work closely with our pre-sales team to prepare deep dive sessions and respond to technical questions
- Manage sales activities concentrating on our high quality and innovative learning solutions
- Convince customers to close the deal and negotiating contracts
- Effective use of our CRM including reporting on and prioritising sales activities
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Flexibility to travel and stay overseas
- Ability and willingness to manage your diary and day to accommodate US time zones
- Attention to detail, both in terms of content and presentation
- Ability to work with sophisticated software products - an affinity for technology and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you can work with a wide variety of people and to collaborate with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to respond to RFP requests for proposals
- Negotiation and strong stakeholder management skills
- A systematic approach to contacting prospective customers
- Ability and capacity to build in-depth knowledge of imc solutions
- Affinity with software such as LMS, HR Software, e-learning, Digital Content, Knowledge Management etc. would be highly beneficial
- Some stuff that will be helpful but not mandatory…. a knowledge of API technology, web applications, common data formats and cloud services
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Russell Donders. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Together, we work on winning new clients for imc and developing long-term client relationships. We always look after our clients, support their success, and strive to maximise their benefits. It helps that our team comprises versatile colleagues with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, never failing to find the optimal solution in collaboration.
Despite our ambitious goals, we always acknowledge that we are human, and share emotions and funny moments. Every so often, we also spend our free time together.
Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic about football: get to know our sales consultant Vildan from Switzerland
Ivana Lee is Managing Director Asia, located in Singapore – sounds like a great title, but what does she actually do all day?
Gjis, Marketing Brand Manager, from London explains why his job is the perfect combination of creativity and data analysis and what the show Mad Men has to do with his job.
Sales and Business Development