Junior/Associate Software Engineer RESTful API (f/m/d)
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for developing applications for imc's Learning Management platform in a distributed service-oriented architecture (Microservices, MASA). The role is expected to work within an agile cross-functional team and collaborate closely with Product Owners and Tech Leaders.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Technical Leaders in a small Scrum Team
- Design RESTful APIs and implement the API as independent and scalable services applications in a distributed microservice-oriented architecture
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile and cross functional teams
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Professional experience in agile software development with common languages and frameworks (Java, Spring / Spring Boot, NodeJS/ReactJS/ExtJS/AngularJS)
- Experience with Container Technology, Kubernetes and/or similar technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory, Fluency in German would be a big advantage
- Advocate of the DevOps culture with no fear of CI/CD
- Bring a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Empathy and understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Eric Andre. Furthermore, Desirée Stroh from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
Sim loves Indian food and travelled from India to Australia to work at imc as a software developer.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
In this Interview, Suwhathi reveals how she became a hosting engineer at imc and what she thinks of the supposed male domains in IT.