Area Product Owner
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague, eager to join our Product Management department in Sibiu. As an Area Product Owner, you will develop new concepts for further development of our software products with a focus on the imc Learning Suite - the imc's learning management system.
By interfacing with the customer, with the product owner and with the design & development team, you will determine the direction and give the shape in which our solutions will develop to satisfy our customers’ needs.
- Support the preparation and the prioritization of the product backlog items in close cooperation with the product owner.
- Take over tasks for dedicated system components or newly developed services used by the IMC Learning Suite.
- Recording, analysing and technical clarification of the requirements in direct contact with the customer.
- Specification of system adaptations in cooperation with the design and the development teams.
- Adjustment of system adaptations within the product management team.
- Support the development team along all the phases of the Agile software development.
- Organizing information events for the sales and consulting departments about the product innovations.
- Preparation of product documentation for the system extensions that you are responsible for.
- A completed degree, ideally in media or business informatics, software management, educational technology, or a comparable degree.
- Approx. 3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good knowledge of Agile development and corresponding tools (Jira, Confluence).
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment (e.g., media, design, HR, and technology experts).
- High self-motivation and very good organizational skills.
- Independent systematic working method with high-quality awareness.
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is mandatory, German is a big plus.
- Experience in Design Thinking and Lean Start-up Methods are a plus.
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Nicolae Purcar. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
Sim loves Indian food and travelled from India to Australia to work at imc as a software developer.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
In this interview, Lia talks about her work as a product manager and what she has in common with orchestra conductors.