Area Product Owner
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague, eager to join our Product Management Department in Sibiu. As an Area Product Owner, you will create new concepts for further development of our software products with a focus on the imc Learning Suite - imc's Learning Management System.
By interfacing with the customer, with the product owner and with the design & development team, you will define the direction and shape how our solutions will develop to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Although our office is based in Sibiu, we welcome applications from further afield, as we are happy to work remotely, however not quite 100%. You should live close enough to be able to commute to the office on a request base when needed.
What you´ll be doing
- Own dedicated areas of the imc Learning Suite and continuously improve it to deliver high business outcomes to our customers
- Continuous collaboration with the stakeholders (customers, business consulting, sales) for defining the scope and agreeing on what to build
- Ensure that the enhancements being developed in the standard product in collaboration with sponsoring customers are generating value for all the other customers
- Write specifications for the system adaptations in cooperation with the design and development teams
- Support the scrum teams along all the phases of the agile software development
- Present your product achievements per release on imc wide events as well as in dedicated enablement sessions for the sales and consulting departments
- Prepare the documentation for the new features and enhancements of the product areas that you are responsible for
What you´ll need
- A completed degree, ideally in media or business informatics, software management, educational technology, or a comparable degree
- Approx. 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong customer orientation
- Fluency in English is mandatory and German a plus, but not essential
- Good knowledge of Agile development and corresponding tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment (eg. media, design, HR, and technology experts)
- High self-motivation and particularly good organisational skills
- Independent systematic working method with high-quality awareness
- Experience in Design Thinking and Lean Start-up Methods are a plus
Your skills and expertise are our focus, no matter who you are or where you come from. We value diversity, and promote inclusion, and are proud of our diverse teams, so join us and bring your perspective to imc.
Do you want to know more about the job or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Nicolae Purcar. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Working in one of our international teams at the Saarbrücken, Sibiu, Melbourne or Freiburg location, our products and projects provide you with continuous professional development opportunities. We are particularly proud of the diversity in our teams: The range of experiences and wealth of ideas our colleagues are contributing help to maintain a leading edge with our technology and continuously improve our products.
We largely use an agile approach, working in Scrum teams with great focus on professionalism and quality. We never make do with half a job. We strive for solid and viable solutions. We give you the freedom to work independently while supporting you where we can.
In this job slot, our Technical Consultant Gajan breaks down the stereotype of loner techies and tells us more about the exciting work in the field of Technical Consulting.
Only notorious naggers work in quality assurance? No way! In the job-slot interview, QA specialist Ioana explains what icebergs have to do with her daily work.
Find out what four wins and software architecture have in common in this interview with Eric.
Technical Consultant - Digital Learning (w/m/d)ProfessionalsMünchenSoftware Development
Technical Consultant - Digital Learning (w/m/d)ProfessionalsFreiburgSoftware Development
Technical Consultant - Digital Learning (w/m/d)ProfessionalsEssenSoftware Development