Technical Consultant - Corporate Learning Systems
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated individual who desires a challenging technical consulting role and thrives on delivering successful projects. To succeed in the role, you’ll be a fast learner with good technical skills and a real problem solver, with the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders with different drivers. Fluency in Chinese and English, both written and verbal are essential.
As an imc colleague, you will be working on delivering new customer projects using waterfall and agile methods, as well as working with our existing customers to deliver ongoing work packages for our leading learning management system and other imc software products.
Your role will involve working closely with both our experienced local team (and maybe sometimes further afield), as well as with our international colleagues, so you will have good support to develop into the role.
- Analysis, design, testing, releasing of learning management system functionalities
- Analysing and assessing customer needs, both business and technical
- Preparing and delivering workshop presentations and training for customers
- Run workshops with customers to understand their requirements and provide an insight into solution options
- Analyse customer requirements to form solution designs and specification documents
- Perform software configurations based on specification
- Define and configure interfaces (batch .csv, SSO, API etc.)
- Write test cases and complete end to end testing, as well as supporting the customer in their own testing
- Diagnose and report system errors as well as test fixes
- Project management and package delivery using waterfall and agile methods
- Excellent communication, fluent in Chinese and English Language skills both written and verbal are essential
- Ability to negotiate and convince customers of best possible solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present and run both functional and technical meetings and workshops
- Problem solving, solution focused mindset with a desire to learn
- Customer driven with ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Willingness to travel is essential, sometimes to China for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively challenge customers and colleagues
- Degree qualified in IT related field with relevant experience
- Understanding of SQL database driven web-based application
- Experience consulting or configuring of business software systems (LMS
- Knowledge of SSO solutions, APIs and interfacing protocols beneficial
Do you want to know more about the role or do you have any further questions? You can get answers of a functional nature from Ivana Lee. Furthermore, Claire Raistrick from HR will be happy to help.
Your future team comprises a diverse range of colleagues with a common goal: Helping our clients to map their professional development processes in our learning management system with great success. Each team member contributes their individual knowledge and experiences, and the combination leads to success. Willingness to help and a good sense of humour are among the key characteristics our Customer Service colleagues share.
Mutual respect is the foundation for a great team culture. The colleagues also like to get together after work to discuss projects informally.
Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic about football: get to know our sales consultant Vildan from Switzerland
From Computer Science to Marketing Management, over to the Film Industry and now Business Consulting. Michele's story is quite unusal. Learn more in the latest job slot.
Ivana Lee is Managing Director Asia, located in Singapore – sounds like a great title, but what does she actually do all day?
Customer Services & Consulting